Hopefully you haven’t lost hope for your New Year’s resolution yet. And as I always say, if you have fallen off track a bit – no big deal – just pick yourself back up and start again! From previous posts I have focused on…
Well, how did you do timing how long you ate? Were you surprised?
Again, it takes the brain at least 20 minutes to recognize that you are full so next time try to string out your meal for 20 to 25 minutes. You will probably eat a third to half less of what you normally eat – simple tip to eating less and you will still feel full!
Here are some tips to help you achieve your goal.
- put down your fork between each bite
- cut sandwiches, pizzas, wraps, meat dishes, entrees, etc into at least four parts
- use your left hand to eat
- take a five minute break every now and then
- take a drink of water after every couple of bites
- chew your food slowly – if you still have food in your mouth don’t shove another helping down – WAIT!
But don’t forget to take the time to really enjoy your food – TASTE the flavors!