Research shows for every three pounds of muscle gained through weight training you raise your resting metabolic rate but to 40 calories a day. www.dolenutrition.com May not be much but if you change your body composition to more muscle it can really add up.…
If you have already thrown out the calorie counter and done with the tedious work of counting every single calorie, fat gram, etc – no worries!
Here is a simple method to help reduce your calorie intake.
1) Plate size should be nine-inches – similar to the size of a salad plate, instead of the regular dinner plate.
2) Set your plate up like a clock:
- Half of your plate (9:00-3:00) full of fruits and veggies
- Quarter of your plate (9:00 –12:00) serving of starch
- Quarter of your plate (12:00-3:00) serving of lean protein