It’s baking day! I decided I wanted a good-for-you cookie to go with my coffee in the morning and something that is a bit more filling, aka stick to my belly so I won’t continue to eat the rest of the morning, eh? I usually […]
Cranberry Walnut Cookies
Serves 72 (1 cookie each) Source: Stacy Mitchell, RD, LD
All you need:
½ cup light butter
½ cup no-sugar-added applesauce
½ cup ground flaxseed
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar or Truvia
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
All you do:
1. Cream butter, applesauce and flaxseed.
2. Add brown sugar and white sugar gradually and cream well.
3. Beat in eggs until fluffy.
4. Stir in water and vanilla.
5. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
6. Add oatmeal, dried cranberries and nuts.
7. Drop from spoon onto greased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Daily nutritional values: 2% vitamin A 0% vitamin C 0% calcium 2% iron
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 60 Carbohydrate: 10 g Cholesterol: 10 mg Dietary Fiber: 1 g Fat: 2.5 g Protein: 1 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Sodium: 65 mg Sugar: 5 g Trans fats: 0 g
Still time to bake some goodies! Try these simply wonderful recipes for the holidays. Both recipes are four ingredients or less! That is my kind of baking – especially the week of Christmas! Chocolate Delights Serves 6 dozen cookies. All you need: 2 1/2 cups […]