Hey friends! Happy Snacktastic Tuesday! Okay, that’s a little obnoxious, but seriously this is the easiest and tastiest green smoothie with only 4 ingredients! 🙌🏼🤗 This makes a filling snack or the perfect pair to any meal. I made this last night for our Monday…
The word diet has lost its meaning…It is defined as the food you eat, not a cleanse, not consuming a bunch of supplements, not a detox – but real food that nourishes your body!
Nourishing foods that make your hair glow.
Nourishing foods that make you and your gut feel good.
Nourishing foods that keep your mind healthy.
I could go on and on, but feeding your body with nourishing foods everyday (with a sprinkle of not-everday-foods 😉) is the best definition of the word diet.
It’s a lifestyle!! A way to eat for the rest of your life!
Hey friends! Tuesdays I generally like to feature a simple snack but since it is a holiday week, here’s a snack pre/post your holiday meal. We are really starting to get ready for holidays here and can’t wait for the season! Who’s with me?! So…here…
This was a doozy friends, whew! But honestly I felt great after three rounds. I wrote a version of this HIIT workout but it just didn’t flow, with a few tweaks, here she is! I really love this one! 🤗 I found a 45 sec work; 15 sec rest HIIT timer on YouTube. HIIT Timer 45 sec work; 15 sec rest
If this is too much try this timer HIIT Timer 30 sec work; 30 sec rest for starters.
- Butt kicks – Kick your heels to your butt.
- Side lunges – A lateral side step with lunge, alternate each leg. Side Lunge Example
- Jump rope – Pretend you have an invisible jump rope.
- Inch Worms to Push-Ups – Inch worms are so helpful in stretching out those hamstrings. Inch Worm to Push-Up example
- Reverse Lunges- Alternating legs, step back and lunge. Alternating Reverse Lunge example
- Burpees – Good ole’ burpees, blah… Go a little easy and just stand after burpee (no jump). Beginner Burpee
- Forearm Planks – Hold a plank on your forearms, feel free to “seesaw” or rock on your toes to keep it fun! Keep your core tight, butt down and forearms right under shoulders. Forearm Plank “Seesaw”
Rock out to your favorite playlist and have fun! Get your sweat on and rock it!
Here’s a little strength workout! Try this on Tuesday and Thursday, HIIT workout on Monday, Wednesday and Friday!
10 reps each arm exercise – 3 rounds
You will need light to medium dumbbells. For beginners, 3 to 5 pounds. Intermediate to advanced, 8 to 15 pound dumbbells.
- Shoulder Press – You may stand or sit while performing this exercise. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your elbows and raise your upper arm to shoulder height. Gently press weight up to the ceiling and back down. Adjust weight if needed.
- Hammer Curl– This exercise is my favorite to work the biceps. Hold weights perpendicular to the ground and raise just a hair shy of touching your shoulder.
- Lateral Raise– Lighten up the weight with this exercise and have a slight bend in the arms. Dumbbell in each hand and raise both arms out the side, holding them parallel to the ground. Do lift weights above the shoulder.
- Full Sit-Ups – Begin on your back, with little or no momentum, slowly sit up.
- Forearm Plank- Just like we did from HIIT workout
- Leg Lifts- Begin on your back and lift legs to the ceiling. Leg Lift example
- Side Plank – Lie on your side with your bottom elbow on the ground underneath your shoulder. Hold for 30 seconds and alternate exercise on the other side of the body. Side Plank example
Have a wonderful week! 🤗💙