Lunch Idea: Eating Well Mac & Cheese
What’s for lunch Wednesday features a filling and delicious freezer meal. Yes, these may not be perfect every day lunch but if you’re in a pinch, they are great for a fast healthy lunch. I’m mean, its warm, cheesy and portion controlled. If you’re having trouble with eating too much, some times packaged products may a great option.
Pair this meal with a serving of fruit or yogurt for a balanced lunch. Or if you’re like me, I save some room for my favorite combo: Almond + Dark Chocolate 🤗😂🙌🏼.
The highlights of this meal:
1) Good source of fiber
2) Good amount of filling protein
3) Serving of veggies
4) Moderate amount of carbs
5) No added sugars
6) Source of other nutrients: calcium, iron and potassium
7)Portioned controlled and “fast food”
The not-so-great parts about the meal:
1) Sodium is ok, (less than 700 MGS is desent) don’t add any high-sodium foods to this meal (chips, soup, etc.) If you need to follow a low-sodium diet, keeping meals to 500 MGS or less may be a better range. Just be aware if you need to keep track.
2) A little higher in saturated fat, but come on it’s cheese! And it tastes amazing!
3) Cost: This one was higher in cost but much less than any lunch at a restaurant.