Meal idea for the week! Today I’m sharing one of my family’s favorite meals, no joke, and I will have to give all the credit to the salmon. It has wonderful flavor, super-easy to make and no skin to scare the kids off 😳😂.
This salmon is from Costco in the freezer section. It’s one reason why I have to have a membership there. I haven’t found a similar product, yet. The health benefits of salmon are outstanding.
- Rich in omega-3’s – An essentially fatty acid that can only be obtained from the diet.
- Omega-3’s have been shown to lower blood pressure, decrease inflammation, reduce the risk of heart disease, improve brain function, help manage arthritis and many other benefits.
- Rich in selenium – A mineral that promotes bone health, reduces the risk of cancers and even promote healthy thyroid function.
- Rich in B vitamins – Plays so many important roles in the body including, converting food into energy, maintain optimal brain health and reducing inflammation that may lead to heart disease.
Yes, salmon is definitely a rockstar food!
A healthy green side is added to this meal such as roasted brussel sprouts or as shown today, roasted broccoli.
Here’s how I make it…
Broccoli is another rockstar food and here’s why…
- Pack with a wider range of nutrients including: fiber, selenium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, phosphorus, selenium and many more.
- Rich in the antioxidants, lutein and zeanthins that have been shown to be extremely beneficial in promoting eye health.
- Like many other vegetables, broccoli is rich in antioxidants that help reduce inflammation in the body, therefore reducing the risk of certain cancers (Cruciferous Vegetables and Human Cancer Risk).
Roasting broccoli really brings out a delicious, nutty flavor. A sprinkle of lemon juice is something new I’ve been doing and loving the outcome! If you don’t have an air fryer, no problem! Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Next up on the menu is macaroni and cheese! This is just a family favorite, the cheese is amazing!
This meal can put together in minutes! Good food and good for you!