Ahh . . . cold weather plus muffins and coffee is the best way to enjoy this season. Who’s with me? Come on over and we can talk about it together ;). I love this simple recipe, so let me share!
These muffins contain a bunch of goodness that benefits the body. Here are the benefits of the highlighted nutrients.
|Bananas||In one serving (1 banana),
· Contains about 15 percent of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C. Vitamin C boosts your immune system and improves the absorption of other nutrients such as iron.
· Contains 35 percent of your daily B-6 requirement. The body uses vitamin B-6 to grow new cells.
|Walnuts||· One-ounce contains 2 grams of fiber
· Are one of the highest sources of plant-based, heart-healthy, omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are an essential nutrient that may help reduce the risk of developing heart disease, arthritis and cancer.
|Agave||· A natural sweetener like honey
· Able to use less in recipes because of its sweetness
· Low on the glycemic index, making it a better option than refined sugar
I really like using agave in my other recipes such as my energy bites. I have learned that it does not take much agave nectar to make things sweet.
Make note I have also increased the amount of bananas from other banana muffin/bread recipes. An easy way to increase the sweetness naturally and get rid of more my black bananas in the freezer.
Banana Walnut Muffins
Serves: 24 mini muffins
1 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup agave nectar
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
Mix together bananas, agave, eggs and oil together. Add the rest (dry) of the ingredients to the mixture.
Place mixture into a greased mini muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Enjoy my friends!
Banana Walnut Muffins
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 4 bananas
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Mix together bananas, agave, eggs and oil together. Add the rest (dry) of the ingredients to the mixture.
- Place mixture into a greased mini muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.