Hey! Yep, summer is officially here! Where did the time go? I mean, I am excited but almost a bit shocked that next week is June and we will be in full force with swim lessons, vacations and sleeping in, ahhh! Well, I hope the kids sleep in a bit so I can have some me time in my beloved mornings! Anywho, here are some of my absolute favorite recipes that scream summer to me! Pretty much every single recipe can be made as a no-cook supper (or snack)! Yahooo, that is my kind of cookin’ in the summer! Now let’s begin!
1) Italian Pasta Salad: If I am having a party and you are invited, yep, this one is on the list for sure! Can’t beat it and sometimes I do it for a meal by adding a little chicken. Add any kind of vegetables you have on hand, this is perfect for using all those fresh garden veggies.
2) Asian Sesame Salad: Not much to say here except, OH. MY. GOODNESS. This is always a winner and perfect as a light lunch on a hot summer day!
3)Thai Chopped Salad: I will be honest, lately, I am sick of making salad with same ole’ super healthy leafy greens and dressing but this salad is out of this world! I don’t know why in the heck I don’t make it more! Just as good as Panera Bread’s, I think that is saying a lot!
4) Sweet Bean & Pepper Dip: Another party favorite! So darn delicious and simple, breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack, you just can’t go wrong with this dip!
5) Buffalo Chicken Pizza: Call it a night with this recipe! This is the epitome of healthy eating that never tasted so good! Share this one with all your picky-eating friends, they will love you for it! Just use a pre-baked pizza crust and leftover chicken to save on the heat!
6) Roasted Red Pepper, Avocado & Jicama Salsa: So fresh and so good! The star of this dip, avocado! Ahh, yum! Gotta try if you are an avocado lover!
7) Nectarine Avocado Salsa: Another exceptional dip except this one shines with it’s sweetness from the nectarine! Who knew? So darn good! This would be perfect over some grilled fish or even chicken!
8) Fruit Salsa: Even though I use frozen fruits in the link, definitely don’t be shy to use fresh strawberries in season! The best time ever to make this salsa! You can also use the leftover on ice cream!
9) Frozen Fruit Treats: I had to pull this out because this is a favorite at my house, it helps cut down on all the popsicle eating, ya know. And this is perfect for using up grapes and bananas that are about to go bad. Kids love ‘em and mama feels good giving them as a treat!
10) Pineapple Raspberry Sorbet: Another fun favorite! Make a lighter dessert with these ingredients! Isn’t that picture just gorgeous?
11) No-Bake Caramel Apple Pie: Wow, all words I love, no-bake, caramel, apple and pie! Delish! This is another one of my favorites to make when hosting a party, except I usually make this into one giant salad instead of putting it in graham cracker mini pies. I will have some granola or crushed graham crackers in a bowl right beside this salad so my guest can use as a topping!
12) Watermelon Slushy: So refreshing and for the adults, don’t be afraid to add a shot of vodka or something. I have added a shot of watermelon rum, now we are taking summer!
Are you catching onto my mantra? Simple, yet delicious and of course good for you, but we won’t tell anyone, eh? Cheers to summer!