Stock your frig right! Part II
Back to the fridge in stocking the right foods for the New Year! I always think about foods that taste good or help make my fruits and veggies taste even better! Also I consider protein and fiber to be essential nutrients, especially for this time of year when I (everyone) wants to cut down their calorie intake.
Here we go!
1. Dark leafy greens! There is always room for a salad or add these wonderful leafy greens to a wrap, smoothie, etc.
2. Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressings - Now to make those leafy greens taste even better, yes, my favorite dressing! Most of the varieties are lower in sodium and wonderful flavor!
3. Old Wisconsin Turkey Snack Sticks - Ok, I know what you are thinking, really!? Yes, sometimes you just need to satisfy those cravings with something not too bad! A bit higher in sodium but they sure are the perfect pick me up for a satisfying snack, just keep to the proper portion size.
4. Pineapple salsa! – Great for snack and even perfect for complementing your favorite protein! I love pineapple salsa on salmon and on pork. The sweet and spicy flavor combo is perfect – plus it is just yummy with chips too! (this one may not count as a frig necessities but it is in my frig now!)
5. High fiber tortilla or pitas – For a simple meal there always needs to be whole wheat tortillas or pitas – something a bit different than just whole wheat bread. Make a wrap, tostada, pita pocket (grilled) or even a pizza, the perfect base for a wholesome meal!
My favs of course –