Dinner Tonight? Roasted Chicken Legs with Grapes
Serves 4 | Source: Stacy Mitchell, RD, LD,
1 lb grapes
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp chicken grill seasoning or use Mrs. Dash chicken grill seasoning
2 lbs chicken legs
1. Preheat oven to 450º.
2. On a baking sheet, toss grapes and canola oil with grill seasoning.
3. Lay chicken legs among the grapes on baking sheet.
4. Roast, basting the chicken legs occasionally with the pan juices, for 20 to 25 minutes. Internal chicken temperature should be 160º.
Nutrition facts per serving: 280 calories, 21g carbohydrate, 24g protein, 12g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 1g fiber, 90mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium
Nothing better than a fast, healthy meal! This can even be marinated in the fridge for a couple hours or even more! I know it might sound a little crazy with grapes but they sure are good! I was inspired by a similar recipe from Martha Stewart but of course like any recipe, I didn’t follow the directions and added my own twist – making it a bit healthier and easier!
For more good info on grapes check out http://www.freshcaliforniagrapes.com/
Studies have shown that grapes may help support a healthy cardiovascular system in the following ways:
- by preventing platelet aggregation (which can lead to clot formation)
- enhancing arterial flexibility and function
- reducing inflammation
- inhibiting the oxidation of "bad" LDL cholesterol
- lowering blood pressure
- Help protect cells by neutralizing the damaging effects of free radicals present in the environment
- Help reduce oxidative stress, a condition associated with the development of many chronic diseases
Mmmm . . . grapes!