1. Onion (I love red onions) – they make any dish wonderful! Sauté them up or add to a salad – wow, full of flavor and low in calories. I cannot live without my onions!
2. Vinegar (any kind, apple cider, red wine, white wine, etc) – Great for any marinade or salad dressing. A wonderful way to flavor your foods without a lot of calorie or sodium! This is how I get away from processed items – I use lots of varieties of vinegar
3. Organic lettuces – I am hooked! Throw some fresh onions, tomatoes and homemade vinaigrette and you have a superb salad! Seriously these are loaded with lots of flavor! Yummy! Some blends even have herbs such as parsley and dill added to them!
4. Brown spicy mustard – On a sandwich or just with a slice of low-sodium lunch meat or the binder of my homemade vinaigrette, I think I could squeeze it into my mouth, ok, well maybe, I know that is gross but it is that good!
5. Mrs. Dash Seasoning – You know I love them! It sure makes a dish. Again I want something super quick and easy! Great for the novice cook, I don’t yet know which spices go well with certain foods so this is a no-brainer!