All you need:
1/2 lb 93%-lean ground beef
1 tbsp pizza seasoning
4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Combine beef and seasoning blend.
- Place a cheese cube in the middle of a spoonful of meat mixture and cover the cube with the mixture. Form mixture into approximately 24 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Top each meatball with a teaspoon of pizza sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve as an appetizer or in a sub sandwich.
Daily nutritional values: 2% vitamin A, 2% vitamin C, 4% calcium, 2% iron
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 30, Carbohydrate: 1 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Fat: 1.5 g, Protein: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Sodium: 60 mg, Sugar: 0 g Trans fats: 0 g
Give your meatball a yummy surprise – with cheese! Fun as an appetizer or put in your entree. You can even freeze a bunch and bake off later. I also like to use a cookie dough baller to get the approximate size. Fun for the whole family!