So as I have been trying to take more baby weight off and get back into my “pre-baby” body I have been trying to make some better choices in my lifestyle such as drinking more water, choosing better snacks, exercising more and so on. I […]
Month: August 2010
How many minutes/hours do you spend getting yourself ready in the morning? How much money do you spend on clothes, manicures, pedicures, tanning, etc? Now, how many minutes/hours do you exercise each week? How much money do you spend on healthy foods (and eating […]
Chobani Greeek Yogurt – what a delicious treat! I consider this to be delectable as dessert with the creamy goodness of Greek yogurt and yummy fruit flavors this brand provides, pure heaven!
Here is some info from their website explaining all the benefits –
Their unique straining process is what makes Chobani Greek Yogurt “Greek” and full of flavor and health benefits:
· All natural. No preservatives. No artificial flavors.
· No synthetic growth hormones: No rBST-treated milk.
· Includes 5 live & active cultures, including 3 probiotics.
· Made with real fruit.
· Twice the protein of regular yogurts.
· A good source of bone-building calcium.
· Gluten-Free and Kosher-Certified.
· Safe for people with corn, nut and soy allergies.
Go to their website and try a free sample on them! How awesome! I really love Greek yogurt and have not been picky with many brands except yoplait which is really not “Greek”yogurt just yogurt with added protein powder. I will have to say Chobani is one of my top favorites! Great amount of protein to keep me full.
They have an awesome site for recipes! http://www.chobani.com/recipes Include Greek yogurt into any dish and cut the fat, add the protein and gain a good source of calcium!
Chobani vs Fage or Oikos
Truthfully, I need to sit down and do a taste test when I have all three items but I usually just buy what is on sale because I like them all, however there are some perks to some.
PRO CHOBANI – This brand I have found to be the cheapest. About 10 cents cheaper than Fage and more than $1 cheaper than Oikos. I enjoy the packaging over Fage. I do not like the separate container of fruit or honey in the Fage. I can never seem to get my spoon to fit at the bottom of the little tiny container to get all the yummy sweetness.
I am not a very picky eater but maybe if I sit down and compare the products side by side, I may declare a winner some day!
But if you have not tried Greek yogurt you are missing out. I get excited when I get to sit down and eat it because it is such a treat for me! I need to buy it by the case to save some money.
Serves 4. Ingredients: 1 tbsp canola oil ¼ small onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, chopped 2 lb frozen mixed vegetables, thawed 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp 100% frozen orange juice, from concentrate Preparation: In a large skillet, add canola oil, onion and garlic. Add […]
Studies have shown great research behind logging your food in a journal for successful weight loss. Many times we get overwhelmed with such a task that we may take great notes for a day or two and then we go out to eat or eat a different food out of the ordinary and this puts a bump in our meal plan. We may not know the calories and therefore quit logging our food in our journal altogether or don’t find the time to look everything up without being a dietitian (I still look stuff up to make sure).
Well, to make things a bit easier there are many websites out there to help make logging your food a bit easier, actually much easier! I have been playing around with a few websites and found a couple to be very user-friendly.
www.myfitnesspal.com – Probably my number one pick because it is very easy to read and it has a great database of foods, including many restaurant too.
- Easy food and exercise tracker
- Weigh in log chart (awesome to see your progress through the weeks)
- Use via mobile
- News feed summary like facebook – helps keep me going!
- Include a personal blog to your friends through this website (haven’t messed around with it much but very neat to report your progress and build a community with your friends you invite through the website)
- Message board – again forming a community
Another favorite website I keep track on is www.sparkpeople.com
Here are some of my favorite features:
- Meal plans – if you don’t know what to eat to follow your recommended calories, they have the work all done for you! If you don’t like a certain food item in the suggested meal plan just click on it and find something else – very cool!
- A ton of fitness videos to help you trim your waistline and pump some iron plus nutrition cooking videos with Chef Meg
- Awesome they have a dedicated “Motivational” sectional with a number of articles to read, including some great success stories
- Recipe, recipes and more healthy recipes!
Start logging and get motivated!
Wow, if you want an energy bar that tastes like a candy, well here it is! PowerBar Triple Threat Energy bar — key features: 10–11g protein 12% daily value of fiber Key vitamins and minerals No preservatives or artificial flavors Nutrition profile: Calories 230; 9g […]