½ box whole wheat rotini
1 can (15.5-oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp garlic-flavored olive oil
1 can (15.5-oz) Hunts fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté beans in garlic-flavored olive oil and heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cooked pasta into skillet.
- Place mixture into a baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories: 440, Carbohydrate: 58 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Dietary Fiber: 10 g, Fat: 14 g, Protein: 19 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Sodium: 700 mg, Sugar: 7 g, Trans Fat 0 g
A simple, healthy meal loaded with fiber, healthy fats and protein! Great flavor by using two products that I love cooking with – 1) garlic-flavored olive oil 2) fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
These two items are a great way to get flavor into your dishes without doing a lot of work – I call them double-duty ingredients! Throw them into any dish and you can make a meal in just minutes!