What’s for dinner tonight? Yummy! This is a winner for dinner! Great fiber, protein and flavor!
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serves 4. Source: Stacy Mitchell, RD, LD
All You Need:
2 mozzarella cheese sticks
4 (3 oz each) chicken breast
18 All-Bran™ garlic and herb crackers, crushed
1/2 cup flaxseed ground meal
1/4 cup flour
3 egg whites
All You Do:
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2. Open mozzarella sticks from package and cut each stick in half lengthwise.
2. Gently slice open chicken breast halfway through and stick in mozzarella cheese stick.
3. Crush All-Bran™ crackers and mix in ground flaxseed for breading mixture.
4. Gently lay thawed chicken tenders in the flour, also dusting it lightly over chicken. Dip chicken in egg whites (to help hold the breading).
5. Dip the chicken in breading mix, covering entire piece of chicken with breading mixture.
6. Bake chicken at 350 degrees for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is fully done.
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories: 260, Carbohydrate: 14 g, Cholesterol: 50 mg, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 29 g, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Sodium: 270 mg, Sugar: 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g
Daily nutritional values: 2% vitamin A,2% vitamin C, 15% calcium, 10% iron