Joe Montana’s Nacho Guacamole
Try this wonderful recipe for the big game tomorrow! It is so good but shh – it is even super healthy with antioxidant-packed avocados, tomatoes, pepper and black beans!
The main star, avocados, are a great source of heart-healthy vitamin E (may inhibit cholesterol absorption) and monounsaturated fats (may help increase HDL, healthy cholesterol).
- 4 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Place half the avocado in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine, somewhat mashing the avocado.
- Gently stir in remaining avocado. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 210; Total Fat 16 g (Sat 3.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 250 mg; Potassium 490 mg; Total Carbohydrates 15 g; Dietary Fiber 8 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 5 g; Vitamin A 491 IU; Vitamin C 23 mg; Calcium 79 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0.9 IU; Folate 81 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g