Think protein and fiber to help fill you up!
Here are some of my favorites
* 15-20 peanuts (try honey roasted, smoked, or even butter toffee to satisfy your cravings)
* turkey pepperoni or Canadian bacon pizza slices with whole grain crackers (watch the sodium – make sure the rest of the meals are lower)
* South beach, Fiber One or Kellogg’s Fiber Plus snack bar
* 100-calorie bag of popcorn or try Michael Season’s cheese puffs or curlz
* hard boiled egg (I like to pair mine with a 1-oz bag of Funyuns – only 110 calories. The salt from the chips goes great with the egg)
* Special K protein water – helps take the edge off
* Apple and peanut butter
* PB&J – I use La Tortilla Factory small tortilla (50 calories)
* Veggies and hummus – yummy! Don’t be scare of hummus!
REMEMBER – if you have these snacks on hand it will help you stay on track, so take a couple of minutes to package your favorites in these containers or use snack baggies. I will have my honey roasted nuts already to-go in little baggies and great to take on the run or pack in my lunch bag.
Think about this sentence – “Failing to plan is planning to fail.”
These are 4-oz cups. Package your nuts in here or great for cottage cheese, hummus, peanut butter, dressing, applesauce, pudding and all other snacks!
70 calories for 17 slices!
These are only 120 calories with 9 grams fiber
Puffs – 2 cups for only 130 calories! Add a string cheese stick for a great snack.
5 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein!
Small size – 50 calorie, 7 grams fiber
Large size – 80 calories, 12 grams fiber
I like the flavored hummus!